Today, parenting is a complex matter and an overly different experience than before. To have a better relationship with your child, it is essential to develop some basic principles to guide you through. These principles form the basis of raising happy and fulfilling children. Outlined below are top ten steps to raising happy children.
- Moderately Praise your Child Praise directs your values to your children and further sets expectations for them. Reasonable praises like “you’re smart,” “you’re kind,” etc. conveys the message that you believe in them, it sets high expectations within your children’s reach. On the other hand, praises like “you’re brilliant,” “you’re perfect,” “you’re the most beautiful,” etc. set impossible expectations.
Therefore, you must be conscious of the praises you shower your kids with, ensure they’re realistic and reasonable. It reduces the chances of them bowing under pressure while trying to maintain the track record or failing to achieve such goals.
- Do Not Discuss Them When They are Near Discussing your children while they are within hearing range is dangerous. For instance, if they hear you speaking about how jealous, mean, not that smart or how shy or fearful they are, without a doubt they’ll assume that is the truth. Unfortunately, it becomes engrained in their mind that they cannot control their problem behaviors. Avoid discussing your children when they are around and can hear.
- Don’t Overpower Your Kids Your children develop well under the proper leadership and guidance. They feel more secure is they have someone to depend on. When kids are small, they have few choices, small responsibilities, and less liberty. As they grow, add them more liberties, choices, and responsibilities. It will appear to them that they feel trusted despite their limits.
However, if you give young children too many responsibilities, more freedoms and heavy choices to make, they become empowered early and start becoming rebellious, angry and even depressed. They refuse to acknowledge authority and follow rules set and demand to be treated as adults.
- Build Resiliency Albeit kids need to develop a sense of sensitivity, overprotecting them makes them too dependent and overly sensitive. Your child should learn to recover from failures, losses by teaching them resiliency.
- Stay United, and respect Each Other As Parents Parents who lead in opposite directions often end up confusing the child and even worse, feel neglected. Moreover, a child will not respect their parent if they notice they don’t respect each other first.
- Hold Education Institutions In High Esteem Your child’s education is the most important aspect of their development. Valuing their education will indicate the clarity and importance of learning. Talk well of their teachers, and school in general, this promotes respect as well.
- Be Positive About Your Jobs If you are the type to get home and constantly complain about your work, your kids will follow the trend and become anti-work children. They’ll start complaining about chores and schoolwork. Instead of complaining, remind them to work hard in their education to have better work.
- Be A Role Model Your kids look up to you are their moral and ethical compass. Your kids are fast learners as well as quick to grasp things. If they notice you being disrespectful or getting away with breaking the law, they take the opportunity and emulate you on that. Moreover, they’ll look up to other adults, so it is better to find good role models for your children. Introduce your kids to mentors and friends and mentors who’ll influence them positively.
- Have Learning Experiences Together Make time for your kid during their formative years and learning with them. This forges greater bonds and makes them understand that they’ll be learners forever.
- Separate Child Fun Time and Adult Fun Time You have the liberty to enjoy your life as well despite being a parent. Go out for dates and catch up with your friends while still having the time to spend with your family. Schedule your life accordingly and your child will not feel neglected. Homepage of Happy Feet for Kids School, Preschool in Sanjay Nagar.